Your store's shopping cart, which is the part that takes the customer's order and processes their payment, has all the features of the most advanced shopping carts in the world. Many of these are configurable and can have rules around how they are implemented, to ensure your store is run exactly as you want it.
- When a customer clicks on the product's thumbnail on the search results, they are taken to the detail page where they can see images, description and more.
- Each product can have an optional weight. used for caculation of shipping.
- 'Add to Cart' action can be selected directly from the search results or from the detail page.
- The customer may select a quantity of products to buy at one time.
- Set how many products per page are shown as thumnail images.
- Bulk Discounts allow you to have fixed or percentage discounts for products based on the quantity that the customer adds to their cart.
- Optional tax settings.
- Once an item is moved into the virtual shopping cart, the customer is given a choice to pay by available payment types (for example Credit Card or PayPal) or keep shopping.
- Checkout (the process where the customer enters details such as their shipping address) can be done over a single page or multiple pages.
- Shipping costs can be automatically added in the payment process, based on the customer's address.
- Advanced rules can be built in, for example to ship only to certain countries or regions.
- Almost very payment type is accepted (all major credit cards, PayPal, Google Checkout, Bank Transfers, UPS, USPS, BPay and FedEx as well as Cash on Delivery, Cheques and Over the Phone payments).
- All personal and financial information is passed over a military-grade encrypted channel, as used by the banks.
Account or Guest Payment
Online Store Creation
offers one more shopping cart feature that is in a class of its own and beats much of the competition - including eBay!
- When the customer comes to the checkout page, they are asked whether they want to pay as a guest, or pay via a registered account.
- Generally a customer will register, as their details are kept in a secure database (excluding their credit card numbers), and they will have the ability to log into their account and look at their current and previous purchases, as well as status updates.
- However, those customers that are uncomfortable with registering an account can elect to pay as a guest.
- This os a one-time process that takes the absolute minimum information required - name, shipping address and payment. The user does not have to go through the process of registering an account, or have their details held with us.
- Guest payment capability can be configured to be unavailable.